Header Ads

Bronx 3-year-old girl in intensive care after eating rat poison her dad laid out to fight bedbugs


A 3-year-old Bronx girl was hospitalized in intensive care, fighting for her life after coming into contact with rat poison her father laid out in an apparent effort to kill bedbugs, police sources said Monday.
“It was rat poison and it was on the floor,” said Mohammed Miah, who lives in the same Fuller St. building, near Zerega Ave., in Parkchester, as the girl and her parents. “They were afraid of bugs. Her father said she smelled it and got ill.”
The father, Nasrin Jahan, 47, a taxi driver, and his wife, a stay-at-home mom, could not be reached for comment Monday.
The parents brought little Nazifa to the hospital on Oct. 22 when the girl suffered flu-like symptoms, sources said. Nazifa was sent home, but her condition worsened. Two days later, she was rushed to Jacobi Hospital, then transferred to Montefiore Medical Center, where she is in ICU, sources said.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.